Saturday, May 9, 2009

Germany is...

This is the coolest sign ever. 

Annie and I have had two fabulous of days of sightseeing in Bernkastel-Kues and Trier. Both are just exactly what I envisioned German towns to be like. And it appears to be just my luck that I'm right in the middle of wine country! We passed so many vinyards yesterday on our drive from Bernkastle to dinner at the Kloster Machern. I'm amazed by how many random biergartens there are along the highway. The cool thing to do seems to go bike riding to a winery or biergarten, throw a few back, and then attempt to bike home without dying. Gotta love the Germans.

Also, it appears that one of the trails for the Camino de Santiago runs right through Trier. Annie and I were walking behind the cathedral towards the gardens when she spotted a shell affixed to a rock outside of a visitor's center. We went inside, and lo and behold, we found a Pilgrim's office! I got way too excited about it, though I think the sight of the shell may have caused a couple of PTSD flashbacks for Annie.

My current goal is to finish my write on madness by Thursday so Annie and I can celebrate the real end of my 1st year of law school in Amsterdam and Bruges. Bring on the tulips!


No comments: