Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bevor wir uns näher kennen lernen, muss ich etwas klarstellen. Ich bin Buchhalterin.

"Before this goes any further, I must be upfront. I am an accountant"
-German: Lonely Planet Phrasebook

Count that as my 6th German phrase that I armed and ready to whip out at a moment's notice. The other 5 are Danke (thank you), Bitte (please, you're welcome), entschuldigung (excuse me), Sprekense English (do you speak English), and Ein Rum Mit Cola, Bitte (one rum and cola, please).  I feel as though I'm fully equipped to conquer three weeks in Germany.

Jet lag has actually been kind of fun today. Wittlich is still asleep at this hour, but I've been up since 4am.  Annie, ever the amazing cook, whipped up some amazing homemade apple and walnut pancakes and fruit salad. I've made a little progress on the actual work I've had to do, and I'm looking forward to a study break at a cafe on the adorable cobblestoned square just outside the front door.  

Back to write on and beating back the unbearable urge to take a nap in the sun...

No comments: