Friday, August 8, 2008

The End. For now.


4 weeks hiking across Spain, 1 week in Tunisia, and a few days saying goodbye to Madrid. It really don't get any better than this.

I'm at sort of a strange place in my journey. I spent a couple of years thinking about this trip, several months talking about it, and a few weeks planning it. After all of the lead up, now it's almost over. I'm sad, certainly, that my free time is quickly coming to an end. On my 3 hour drive back to Madrid from Expo 2008 in Zaragoza, it suddenly occurred to me that 10 days from now I'll be sitting in a classroom. It was sort of a jarring thought. There are going to be some melancholy moments on the plane next Tuesday when we take off from the Madrid airport. I miss all of my friends, but I really can't say I'm ready to come home. Shame that one's already been decided for me.

I'll see some of you when I get home Wednesday morning, or very soon after. But buckle up - I'm already considering doing the Camino Primitivo. Camino 2009, anyone?